Thursday 10 November 2011

Man Flu and 2012 project

Hi Chaps,

my sight is growing dim and I am fading fast as I write this note...bloody hell I have caught my first cold in years and its horrible! I had totally forgotten how crap it feels to be ill. Oh well its only a cold (men suffer more than women when they get this condition). Anyway being unable to do much I began thinking about how unco ordinated my hobby actually is, so I have formed a plan.

This year I kept a running total on how much I painted each month in a notebook-I also made a note of what colours I had used on which figures. Well next year I am taking this one step further with more detailed notes including the times and duration that I paint for, this should give me an estimate for the time taken on each model.

Pre planning (project management??) is also going to feature heavily and for the first time in 30 years of wargaming/painting I will have a project ready to go at the start of the year. Since I started blogging-and in turn gleaning all I can from every one elses blogs I have decided that 20mm is the only option  in what I can afford and what is available. Even today there was instant inspiration on The Angry Lurkers blog with some ruined buildings! http://theangrylurker.blogspot.com/2011/11/conflix-20mm-pre-painted-ww2-buildings.html

I hope you can all avoid the plague so that you can keep gaming and posting!

6 comments:

  1. Man flu is a genuine ailment, get well soon and thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Flu is a crippling and debilitating disorder indiscriminately striking down male members of the human species without warning. The illness is often referred to pejoratively by female members of the species who are in fact immune from the illness as man flu is now known to exclusively attack the XY chromosome carrier. If Man Flu is kind enough not to kill the infected party it will definitely leave him weak, sick, hurting everywhere and in dire need of TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being crook sucks big time although this does mean more time for research which is a bonus.

    Get well soon Carl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Thanks Chaps! Ray I am laughing and its hurting but its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find female scorn directed at the suffering party is in direct inverse proportion to the severity of the illness. If you are dying, basically you're a sooky-la-la. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing is as bad as childbirth and we are to suck it up and get on with it!

    I like to find a fellow 1/72nd gamer, so well done that man! (BTW the figures you have posted below are by a gent called Carlo Antonio and he has his own blog at http://militaryminiatures-carloantonio.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete