Thursday 12 May 2016

Taliban Work in Progress

Hi Chaps,

Just a quick update on my TAG moderns. These figures are a pleasure to paint, they do seem very similar in design to Copplestone castings-it may just be down to their chunky size? Painting is much more enjoyable and much quicker when I am not having to squint or attempt to paint fine or faint lines of detail. I love these man size figures!



The bases will be next a simple glue, sand and coat of chocolate brown emulsion with an odd clump of scatter. For the contractors I may try to suggest some paving with green stuff, just to suggest an urban environment. I am having a lot of fun with these guys so I may order a few more modern types, they can always slot into a Zombie game or future war.



I never find any useful toys in this scale! It seems that Grubby tanks will be the best place to source a couple of Humvees and by now Warlord Games should have released their modern plastic soldiers which look excellent....happy times for the financially challenged even in 28mm.

Thanks for clicking by. Later this week I will be making some modern buildings to provide a backdrop and some cover for these guys. Always cheap of course!


4 comments:

  1. These look great, love the sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, these figures have been very easy to paint, no stress at all with them.

      Delete
  2. Nice work. I have a few TAG moderns kicking about there rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared to the modern plastics Warlord have just released they are still cheap! A great company.

      Delete