Saturday 12 August 2017

Scratch Building for Spectre

Hi Chaps,

Well the painting bug has not returned as of yet but I have been busy preparing a board and scratch building a church for some expected Spectre games.

So far I have ordered a lot of figures from Empress and Spectre (arrived within 2 days and are excellent. Sadly my order to The Assault Group over two weeks ago has yet to arrive....when it does I will pop a comparison pic on here so we can compare miniature sizes.




The board is 3' square and is only 12mm mdf...I should have gone thicker or used some other material as it may not stand up to being moved about-it's all a learning curve.

Hopefully the church will end up vague enough to be used anywhere from Spain to the middle east and Mexico! Lots of detail to be added and paint to be slapped on, plastic tile sheets are on order.



Also on order are a couple of Humvees from Grubby and a Technical which should be enough for games of this size. To end the spending spree I am looking for a desk, it seems I am expanding my empire!

8 comments:

  1. The church and graveyard look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, it has had its dark brown undercoat but work keeps stopping progress!

      Delete
  2. Church WIP is looking good, can`t wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nimrod, after painting the shell I will fit the doors

      Delete
  3. Looks good so far. You will find the TAG stuff chunkier compared to the Empress/Spectre figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Simon...TAG seem more suited to my painting style....

      Delete